Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The Bzzzzzz Quilt 🐝

The Bzzzzzz Quilt is a pattern from Whole Circle Studio.  I made the mini version of it for my daughter-in-law's birthday.  My daughter-in-law, Allie, loves bees and a bee is also the mascot of the school that she works at as an SLP.  




When I started this quilt I thought that I had plenty of time to finish it in time for her birthday.  The four of us had just gotten back from a voyage on the Halcyon Galactic Starcruiser.  This is an immersive Star Wars experience at Disney World. You can see my nails for the trip in the next picture. 




The Starcruiser was about to shut down the last of September and was booked out for its remaining dates.  We had so much fun on our voyage that we tried calling in again to snag another cancellation.  I actually got another one and had to put this quilt aside as my husband and I prepared to go again.   

  


Allie's birthday came and went but I told her she had another present coming.  I had also purchased a matching sticker and note cards from Whole Circle Studio that had been on  backorder.  These arrived and were ready to be gifted  along with the quilt.



I finally sat down and pieced the quilt together.  It involved paper-piecing, 
y-seams and normal piecing. 






I used two layers of scrap batting to make the quilting pop.  I used white polyester Quilter's Dream and another piece of polyester batting.  I used Isacord Linen colored thread and Aurifil monofilament to quilt it on the longarm.  





I finally finished the quilt and now we're trying to get yet another cancellation for the Starcruiser.  Wish us luck!

Remember to pick up a needle and thread and stitch some love into your life❣️





 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here! I will enjoy reading them!