Sunday, December 2, 2018

TINY, TINY QUILTS ❣️

Would you like to know why I haven’t written a new blog in awhile? Well,  I’m currently working on lots of different quilts, and they are all at different stages, but they’re also all gifts so I can’t write about them until I give them away.  Instead, I thought I’d do a blast from the past blog and show you what I did during all those years when I stopped quilting.  See, I didn’t REALLY stop quilting, I just made TINY, TINY quilts.  

For years I made little 8 inch Waldorf dolls stuffed with lamb’s wool with a tiny sachet filled with all sorts of dried flowers tucked inside.  I designed them as little girls, little fairies, little butterflies, little bumblebees and little sparkling mermaids.  I even had a lady hand dye some lambs wool into a beautiful variegated turquoise yarn for the mermaid hair. They had reversible clothing, all hand sewn and tiny, tiny matching quilts.  Some were gifted in little baskets and some in back pack bags quilted to look like sunflowers.  Unfortunately, I only have one picture to show you on here but there’s a very good reason for that.  You see all of my boxes and boxes of photographs are in my upstairs closet and, in order to fit into that room, my new longarm was built right in front of that closet so I can no longer get into it.  Oh well. Someday, I'll move the longarm and get them out to share.


After making dozens of Waldorf dolls I moved on to making doll clothes for Corolle dolls. This started when I bought Bella, who is my great niece and Godbaby, a Corolle Vanilla Doll from France for her third birthday.  These gorgeous little baby dolls smell like vanilla.  Bella is now thirteen and she says her doll still smells like vanilla.  


These beautiful little dolls are smaller than American Girl Dolls and there are no  dress patterns available in their size so I thought how hard can it be to design doll clothes?  Well, it's not exactly easy but I did it. I made all sorts of little outfits each one fitted to the doll and then hand sewn. 





















Then I made some matching outfits for Bella.














And then I bought an American Girl Doll chest and made quilted inserts for the lid and for the top tray and a matching quilt for the doll. I also made a little music box pillow and matching outfits for the doll's tiny little bear.  What started out as just the doll for a gift turned into quite the project.  I really had fun doing this though!


















I haven't made a doll or doll clothes in years now. Maybe I will again when I have grandchildren.  I hope so!  And maybe, I'll get into my closet again someday and show you some more pictures!  In the meantime, pick up a needle and thread and sew some love into your world❣️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here! I will enjoy reading them!